Notary services are free. Currently, we only have notary services at the Tazewell and Richlands Libraries. Please call ahead to see if a notary will be available:
Tazewell: (276) 988-2541
Richlands: (276) 964-5282
- Unsigned Document(s)
- Unexpired Photo ID
All documents must be signed in the presence of a notary and all parties signing document must be present. DO NOT sign the document before you arrive.
The library does not provide witnesses for notarized documents. Librarians and patrons cannot be witnesses to signed documents. The signer will need to provide their own witnesses.
Acceptable Photo ID
- a state issued driver’s license
- state issued identification card
- U.S. Passport
- U.S. Passport card
- Certificate of U.S. citizenship
- Certificate of naturalization
- a foreign passport
- An alien registration card with photo
- U.S. military card
- Notarize birth, marriage, or death certificates. You must contact the Office of Vital Records/Statistics.
- Perform marriage ceremonies.
- Act as authorized representatives for employers to verify employment eligibility, including I-9 forms.
- Notarize a document in a language that they do not understand.