- FY2021 – FY2026 Strategic Plan (PDF)
To build an engaged community by connecting people with ideas and opportunities
To be the heart and hub of our community where all can dream, discover, create, and find support
- Compassion: We welcome and care for our community members.
- Preservation: We preserve community and family histories of Tazewell County and Southwest Virginia through our carefully curated genealogy collection.
- Equitable Access: We provide all members of our community free and equitable access to information, resources, and opportunities.
- Education & Lifelong Learning: We empower community members of all ages to succeed by providing them with the knowledge and skills they need to make informed, confident decisions.
- Innovation: We embrace new ideas and technologies to better serve the changing needs of our community.
- Service & Outreach: We collaborate with individuals, schools, businesses, non-profit agencies, and community organizations to provide service and outreach to all community members.
- Imagination: We expand the horizons of community members of all ages by connecting them to new worlds and new ideas, daring to take risks and growing from any missteps.
- Welcoming Spaces: We welcome all members of our community to safe spaces where they are free to explore and connect.
- Privacy: We support our patrons’ rights to privacy by protecting their confidential information.
For More Information:
Please contact Erica Hall, Library Director at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to learn more about the library’s specific objectives.